Your privacy is very important to us. We want to make your experience with us as enjoyable and rewarding as possible and we want you to use our site with complete confidence. MyBus Geelong is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and will only store information relevant for bus charters and billing purposes. This information is only accessible by MyBus Geelong and Geelong Taxi Network management. We will never share your private information with a third party.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our web site, in particular information that is capable of identifying you (“personal information”). Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information about visitors to www.mybusgeelong.com.au is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries.
It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
USE OF INFORMATION
Copies of correspondence sent from the web site, data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
USE OF CLIENT BRAND REFERENCING
All users of our Geelong bus hire service agree to allow MyBus Geelong to use their name and or logo for marketing purposes only.
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We provide links to businesses outside of our web sites, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website.
We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to www.mybusgeelong.com.au. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS
Further Privacy Information: For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website. We welcome your comments and feedback.
In addition to the terms and conditions, your booking with Geelong Radio Cabs (T/A MyBus Geelong) is accepted subject to the following additional disclaimers and by confirming your booking you accept that these disclaimers will apply.
MyBus Geelong will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
Journey delays and interruptions
MyBus Geelong bus airport transfer service cannot accept responsibility if you miss your flight or do not arrive at the agreed destination at a time you expected or wanted to arrive at due to the following (but not limited to the following):
- Incorrect information supplied in the booking form, Email, or any form of direct contact.
- If you do not show up at the agreed time
- If you do not show up at the agreed pickup point
- If you did not allow enough time for contingencies when choosing your pickup time as trips are not agreed on based on arrival time.
- If you have excess luggage we have not been informed about, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If your conduct is unacceptable in our vehicles, towards other passengers or the driver, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If you did not receive a confirmation email from us confirming your travel dates and times
- You must allow sufficient time when booking your bus to allow for the check-in times required by your airline. We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport with plenty time prior to flight departure
- You must allow sufficient time when booking your bus to allow for arrival at your destination at the time required by you. We advise passengers to plan to arrive with plenty of time.
Trip risks and delays
- Bus service, reliability and punctuality are an integral part of any trip or holiday.
- Planning our daily work schedule requires leaving room for flexibility, traffic and ad hoc changes.
- Good communication regarding delays and cancellations on the customers’ part is vital.
- Reliable service is a priority, we aim to arrive early at every booking, which requires our customers to be punctual at their pick up point.
- The planning process also aims to leave out stress situations for the drivers, this has a direct effect on road safety and passenger comfort.
- Our drivers complete a daily check form on the fundamental safety of their vehicles: mechanical, electrical, tyres and overall cleanliness.
- We believe that constant evaluation secures a high level of service.
- While we will do everything we can to ensure that we get you to your destination as quickly as legally possible, there are circumstances out of our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these include, but are not limited to:
- Weather conditions (i.e. closures due to flooding, snow, bush fires etc.)
- Excessive traffic
- Road closures
- Mechanical failures
- Any events that negatively influence normal journey times.
- Delays to meet an agreed pick up time and date. We will try to our best to provide an alternative travel option by subcontracting another bus or company to assist.
- Client providing new information about the drop off destination, changing the drop off destination or adding stops to the journey during the journey
- Any estimated trip times and times of arrival presented by MyBus Geelong communication are only to be taken as indicative, and are subject to traffic and/or weather conditions and final route taken by driver.
- Therefore, you agree that you are responsible for setting an appropriate Agreed Pickup Time that allows you sufficient time to reach your destination to subsequently check-in for a flight, take a train, arrive for a meeting or fulfil any other dependencies you might have.
- The company and its drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights, trains, bus etc.) due to the late or non-arrival of any vehicle or his/her fellow passengers.
- Every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that the vehicle will arrive as quickly as legally possible. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
- The company and its drivers reserve the right to refuse to carry passengers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who in the opinion of the driver pose a threat to him/herself or his/her vehicle.
- It is the customer’s obligation to actively seek out our designated bus booked with us. Also to provide a working mobile or landline telephone number. The company and its drivers will do all they reasonably can to ensure the bus is waiting in an appropriate place for customers to find and will assist customers at all times.
- MyBus Geelong shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to arrival at the destination at a time later than you had expected. Hence why pick up times are the only times agreed upon when the booking is confirmed. Under no circumstances shall MyBus Geelong be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever.
- All luggage is carried entirely at your risk. MyBus Geelong recommends you have adequate personal travel insurance in force. You shall indemnify MyBus Geelong against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
- MyBus Geelong shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control.
- If the vehicle breaks down during your journey MyBus Geelong will endeavour to arrange an alternative vehicle to complete the journey as soon as practicable. Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
Conduct in our Vehicles
- We ask you to behave in a manner that you would expect others to behave towards you.
- Inappropriate behaviour towards fellow passengers, drivers or chaperones may see you refused travel with us.
- No drinking or eating is permitted in our vehicles.
- No smoking is permitted in our vehicles.
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or other substances may be refused to travel with us.
This website may collect certain information about your visit – such as the name of the internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address through which you access the internet, the date and time you access the site, the page(s) that you visit while on the site, and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
MyBus Geelong is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We do not (or will never) sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in our privacy statement below. This information is only used to administer our website, analyse trends and to generally help improve our site, and will never result in your receiving of spam e-mails.
Information gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the MyBus Geelong web server - saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. This information is not linked to a visitor's personal identification in any way.
Information entered on our enquiry form - including, but not limited to, email addresses - will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username may be stored on the server. Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
Changes to our policy
We may need to update this policy from time to time, in order to address new issues and reflect changes on our website. Please refer back to this policy regularly.